Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sewing a Clown Costume

We took a trip to Orange County last week so I got to go to my favorite discount fabric store called M & L Fabric. I was on a quest for star fabric for a new clown costume. I'm going to be Starry the Clown. I didn't find that many stars though, so then I had the idea of making a patchwork star either for the back of a jacket or vest from assorted happy fabric. So I got stripes,  polka dots, and stars and even some gingham. Can't wait to see how it all comes together. I have a 6 hour clown gig in July and I want to look fabulous. But so much sewing is daunting. At this point I don't even know where my serger is. I need to go through storage and find the sewing machine we just inherited. I planned to keep a sharp eye out for it, but then I wasn't the one that ended up putting it in the moving van. Oh well. The hunt is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment